SEL seeks a talented and motivated lead embedded software/firmware engineer to join the growing Infrastructure Defense - Secure Solutions team. Our group aims to provide critical infrastructure around the world with a range of policy driven products and services to simplify, enforce, and audit industrial control system security.
Successful candidates will help us defend critical infrastructure by designing, developing, implementing, testing, and supporting hardware-based solutions we produce. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in the design, implementation, and test of firmware/software systems.
2. Understand hardware and software interactions, and collaborate with Hardware Engineers.
3. Prepare and maintain designs and test documentation.
4. Mentor Associate Engineers, and Technicians.
5. Serve as a technical contact for internal customers.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
Typically 2+ years experience in one or more of the following areas:
-- Embedded systems firmware development including:
-- Linux or BSD
-- real-time firmware design
-- object oriented design
-- object oriented languages (C++, C#, Delphi, Java)
-- other scripting languages (Bash, Python)
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s) Preferred Qualifications
Modern communications protocols
Strong interpersonal skills Physical Requirements
None Location Information Pullman, WA
- SEL's corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities. An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world. Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicat e future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe, reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL's core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company, and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work, state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and inventors in the industry.
We strive to exceed customer expectations in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives, operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career, your search ends here!