Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation's 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Join a fun team of Social Workers committed to positive outcomes for patients, and families.
- Work with an innovative team within a caring Christian culture.
- Collaborate with a vast team of healthcare professionals.
- Be a vital resource to patients, and families.
- Work with community resources/programs, as well as Medicaid/Medicare in the hospital system.
- Work with a variety of patient concerns.
- Responsible to plan, organize and implement social work service to patients and families.
- Maintain contact with referring agencies and related people, and with community resources used for referral.
- Complete psychosocial evaluations, and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, will be responsible for discharge planning and aftercare of patients on the unit.
- Maintain contact with referring agencies and related people and with community resources used for referral.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's degree in Social Work from a college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training required.
- Current license in Social Work in the State of South Dakota required.
- PRN position - seeking at least one year of previous experience.
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
What Makes Avera Special?