Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation's 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Join a fun team of Social Workers committed to positive outcomes for patients, and families.
- Work with an innovative team within a caring Christian culture.
- Collaborate with a vast team of healthcare professionals.
- Be a vital resource to patients, and families.
- Work with a variety of patient concerns.
- The social worker provides medical social casework to a wide array of patients, ranging from the newborn to the advanced geriatric patient.
- The main focus of the social worker is to assist in meeting the psychosocial/continuum of care needs of the patient and family to ensure optimum functioning.
- In addition to direct care services, the social worker shall have duties of consultation, education, policy and program planning, continuous quality improvement tasks, advocacy, and liaison with the community.
- The social worker will manage referrals that are significantly high-risk and problem-prone.
- Duties may include supervision and peer social work consultation.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's degree in Social Work is required.
- Current Social Work license in the state of South Dakota required.
- Current Social Work license in the state of Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota or North Dakota may be required depending on the service area. If required, must obtain within 90 days of being placed in the position or of the requirement.
- This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.
- Flexible Monday-Friday; up to 48 hours every 2 weeks
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
What Makes Avera Special?