Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation's 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Exciting opportunity to join the Avera St. Luke's team as a Social Worker (MSW) on the Medical/Surgical floor!
Avera St. Luke's Named Top 20 Rural Community Hospital
- Paid Time Off (PTO) available on Day 1!
- Options for Free Health Insurance!
- Competitive wages with regular increases and benefits.
- Job Satisfaction: Each day you will positively impact each patient you serve.
- Career Growth opportunities with the largest employer in South Dakota.
- The social worker is accountable for providing medical social casework to a wide array of patients ranging from newborns to geriatrics.
- The main focus of the social worker is to assist in meeting the psychosocial/continuum of care needs of the patient and family to ensure optimum functioning.
- In addition to direct care services, the social worker shall have duties of consultation, education, policy and program planning, performance improvement tasks, advocacy and liaison with the community.
- Each social worker has a home department(s) they primarily work out of but will also be cross trained to other areas to assist colleagues as needed.
- Regulations require an MSW on the Behavioral Health and Kidney Dialysis units.
- In other units, the MSW would be expected to assist the BSW with managing high risk or problem prone referrals.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's Degree in social work required from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Healthcare social work experience is preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years' experience is preferred.
- Current license to practice in the State of South Dakota at the LCSW level.
- QMHP preferred
- Monday - Friday; 80 hours every 2 weeks
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Call time every 4 th weekend
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
What Makes Avera Special?