Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation's 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Join a fun team of Social Workers committed to positive outcomes for patients, and families.
- Work with an innovative team within a caring Christian culture.
- Collaborate with a vast team of healthcare professionals.
- Be a vital resource to patients, and families.
- Work with community resources/programs, as well as Medicaid/Medicare in the hospital system.
- Work with a variety of patient concerns.
- Responsible to plan, organize and implement social work service to patients and families.
- Maintain contact with referring agencies and related people, and with community resources used for referral.
- Complete psychosocial evaluations, and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, will be responsible for discharge planning and aftercare of patients on the unit.
- Maintain contact with referring agencies and related people and with community resources used for referral.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work from an accredited Social Work Program required.
- PRN positon - seeking one year of previous experience.
- Current license in Social Work in the State of South Dakota required.
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
What Makes Avera Special?