Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation's 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Join a fun team of Social Workers committed to positive outcomes for patients, and families.
- Work with an innovative team within a caring Christian culture.
- Collaborate with a vast team of healthcare professionals.
- Be a vital resource to patients, and families.
- Work with community resources/programs, as well as Medicaid/Medicare in the hospital system.
- Work with a variety of patient concerns.
The social worker is responsible to plan, organize and implement social work services to patients and families; assuring that the medically related emotional and social needs are addressed on individual basis. The social worker, at this level, will need skills in brief counseling to individuals and group supportive counseling. Responsible to assess discharge needs and facilitate plans with patient/family for discharge and aftercare. Maintain a current knowledge base of community agencies and resources to facilitate appropriate referrals.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in social work from a four-year college or university required.
- Children's hospital experience preferred.
- Current license in Social Work in the State of South Dakota required.
- Varied Shifts; 48hrs/2wks
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
What Makes Avera Special?