Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation's 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America's Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Join a compassionate team with Avera@Home-Hospice providing comforting care to those served!
- Work with an innovative team within a caring Christian culture.
- Collaborate with a vast team of healthcare professionals.
- Be a vital resource to patients, and families.
- Work with community resources/programs, as well as Medicaid/Medicare in the hospital system.
- Work with a variety of patient concerns.
- The Social Worker is responsible to plan, organize, and implement social work service to patients and families, assuring that related emotional and social needs are met and maintained for individuals and families.
- Responsible to plan for transfers, admissions, and discharges on acute and residential hospice patients.
- Maintain contact with referring agencies and related people, and with community resources used for referral.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in social work or related field from a four-year college or university required.
- Current license in Social Work in the State of Iowa required.
- License in Social Work in the states of South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota may be required depending on the service area. If required, must obtain within 90 days of being placed in the position or of the requirement.
- Completion of the Child Abuse & Dependent Adult Abuse courses for Iowa Mandatory Reporters within 90 days of employment and every 3 years thereafter.
- This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.
- As Needed between 8a-4:30p Monday - Friday
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
What Makes Avera Special?