MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Senior Principal Engineer - Analog/Mixed Signal IC Design
- Embark on a career putting innovative ideas into reality. As part of the dynamic product development team within the High Performance
- Analog division of MACOM, the candidate will drive the development of state of the art products for serial communications over copper and fiber by:
- Providing technical leadership involving a wide range of engineering disciplines
- Performing system-level analysis and developing innovative architectures to solve system level challenges and trade-offs
- Studying specifications and standards and propose specification of building blocks
- Working with peers and junior engineers to implement design
- Driving prototype evaluation, debug, and testing
- Working with application and field engineers in supporting system design-in activities
- Providing technical mentorships to peers and junior engineers
- Communicating with executive and functional managers
- MSEE with 10+ years of experience designing high frequency/high speed products in CMOS and/or BiCMOS technologies, or
- PhD with 6+ years of experience designing high frequency/high speed products in CMOS and/or BiCMOS technologies
- Demonstrated successful track record of introduction to the market of multiple products/product lines in the area serial communications over copper and fiber
- Ability to provide technical leadership on a wide range of engineering disciplines on highly complex products/processes/projects
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of analog and high frequency design
- In depth understanding of analog and high speed building blocks such as equalizers, CDRs, PLLs, laser drivers, transimpedance amplifiers, ADCs and DACs Proficient with EDA design tools, electromagnetic (EMX/HFSS) and system level simulators (ADS/Matlab)
- Familiarity with serial data communication standards (50G/100G/200G-PAM4, SATA/SAS, PCI Express, Infiniband, SONET/SDH, FTTx, Video SMPTE)
- In depth knowledge of lab equipment (real-time and sampling scopes, signal and pattern generators, spectrum analyzers and VNAs)
- Experience in driving prototype evaluation, debug, and testing
- Experience with system design-in support
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MACOM will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.Reasonable Accommodation:
Reasonable Accommodation. MACOM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and are in need of a reasonable accommodation with respect to any part of the application process please call +1-978-656-2500 or email HR_Ops@. Provide your name, phone number and the position title and location in which you are interested, and nature of accommodation needed, and we will get back to you. We also work with current employees who request or need reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of their jobs.