Piedmont HealthCare locations include: Statesville, Troutman, Mooresville, Taylorsville, Hickory, Huntersville, and Charlotte.
- Work with/accompany physician at all times
- Document information in EHR as dictated by provider in exam room
- Identify and relay information regarding test, procedures, etc. from patient chart
- Order all labs, imaging, prescriptions, etc. in EHR
- Retrieve samples
- Enter diagnoses in EHR
- Enter charges in MD chart when applicable
- Complete medical record in EHR for physician to sign
- Maintain good communication with partnering RMA/CMA
- Develop strong working relationship with physician
- Be responsive to provider and patient needs while in exam room
- Communicate clearly with provider, patient, and co-workers
- Fulfills organization responsibilities as assigned which may include:respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisors quickly.
- Maintains OSHA/HIPPA Compliance as assigned to include: updating manuals; first responder for employees with exposures/incidents.
- Other responsibilities or duties as assigned.
High school diploma, some college preferred. Completed accredited MOA program.
Minimum of one-year work experience in public contact job, preferably service related. CMA/MOA experience in health care or a practice setting.
Maintain Certified Medical Assistant status through one of the following:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (CMA)
- Certification as Registered Medical Assistant with American Medical Technologists. (RMA)
- National Healthcareer Association (CCMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA)
- Maintain CPR certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Organization skills
- Excellent, legible penmanship
- Upper level typing skills - minimum 60+wpm
- Above average grammar/spelling
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Understaning and compliance with confidentiality/privacy
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity and comfort working within Allscripts - including orders, prescriptions, note, etc.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to focus
- Ability to cope with job stress
- Knowledge of health care field and medical specialty.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to particular medical specialty.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Skill in tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- Skill in understanding of patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings. Well-lighted, well ventilated. Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to clinic setting.
Must be able to use appropriate body mechanics techniques when making necessary patient transfers and helping patients with walking, dressing, etc. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.