Sales & Marketing Assistant
Assist sales manager and sales team by providing mainly "inside" administrative and customer service support.
- 30% Basic contact with existing and prospective customers
- 35% Communication and coordination with Head Office and branch departments
- 35% Administrative - utilization of computers to research, create and maintain databases and reports, create and maintain marketing and sales material
- Maintain industry and market database, files and information
- Prepare and support major client quotation. Bids and RFQ's through coordination and database creation.
- Communication with customers to provide the information and/or seek information to assist
- Customer service support for new and existing sales programs
- Use customer and prospect contact activities, tools and systems and update relevant information held in these systems.
General Operations Support and interface functions:
- Close interface to Import and Export functions to include such document breakdowns and preparation of consolidation packages, orientation on needs and specifications on specific customers.
- Coordinate with Import, Export, Warehouse staff as appropriate in order to assure quality and obtain customer requested information.
Minimum Requirements, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate or significant or relevant or appropriate working experience. Some college desirable.
- Experience with Air export pricing,logistics and/or operations
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong computer and analytical skills - Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes
- Strong teamwork skills and inclination
- Good communications skill - listening, providing and receiving feedback
- Process improvement
- Patience - ability to deal with complex processes that may involve multiple levels of approval
- Interest in sales