Our client, an automotive manufacturing line controls integrator, is seeking a Controls Engineer to supplement their team. As a Controls Engineer, you'll be supporting the integration of PLC-based automation Manufacturing lines. Experience with integrating and debugging machines with robotics, servos, and VFDs into actual manufacturing lines within the automotive industry is helpful.
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Pay Rate: $55.00 - $65.00/hr. plus OT
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
About the Role:
- Lead the design and development of PLC-based software programs tailored to customer and project requirements, following standard ATS programming methods.
- Oversee an integration team during the debug and commissioning of control systems at the facility, as well as during the system integration stage at the customer's site during installation.
- Travel as needed to customer and supplier locations for installation, commissioning, and training activities.
- Work closely with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers, and electricians to troubleshoot and solve problems, ensuring the delivery of complete and fully functional automation systems.
- Select, test, and integrate hardware and software components, including robots, analog devices, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems, and lasers, to ensure seamless system integration.
- A post-secondary engineering degree, diploma, or equivalent, specializing in electrical, systems, or computer engineering.
- 5 years of experience with systems integration and programming within the automation industry.
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects from concept to completion.
- Strong programming, mechanical, and electrical problem-solving skills.
- In-depth understanding of mechanical systems and their interactions.
Why Work for Us
Here at Manpower Engineering, we care about people and the role of work in their lives. We respect people as individuals, trusting them, supporting them, and enabling them to achieve their aims in work and in life. We have been recognized in multiple ways for our ability to do this successfully.
If you are interested in working with us and learning more about this opportunity, click the apply button now and start the path of a new adventure.