SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (SEL - ES) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Project Engineer - Protection position in Phoenix, AZ. If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your extensive technical expertise related to power system protection while developing creative project solutions to delight customers, then this position is for you! Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Possesses, understands and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of power system protection and related SEL products.
2. Train and assist customers with the creation, design, configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
3. Complete and implement assigned work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
4. Participate in the preparation of functional design specifications.
5. Prepare and maintain detailed design documents, reports, checklists, test reports, and deliverables.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
2+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and protection practices and philosophies
Good knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
Working knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s) Preferred Qualifications
Engineer in Training certificate
Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
Project engineering experience
Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software Focus Area = Protection
Protection= System protection design, protective relay settings development, testing and the solution implementation. Apply innovative SEL technology to design and implement high quality protection and control solutions for our customers. Physical Requirements
None Location Information Phoenix, AZ
- This position is located in Phoenix, AZ. Ranked one of the fastest growing cities in the nation, Phoenix has something for everyone. The city boasts beautiful red rocks and endless sunshine. Enjoy outdoor recreation in desert preserves or shopping and dining in the cosmopolitan city, whatever your interests, you will find it in Phoenix. An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world. Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe, reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL's core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company, and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work, state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and inventors in the industry.
We strive to exceed customer expectations in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives, operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career, your search ends here!