The devices we make at SEL are embedded in the power grid. They prevent blackouts. They make outages safer and shorter in duration; they add cybersecurity, automation, and communication. They use cutting-edge technologies and operate at speeds that push other pieces of the grid to go faster. As a Project Engineer - Automation in Engineering Services , you'll provide solutions and services that help our customers protect and control critical electrical infrastructure and power systems worldwide. As a Project Engineer - Automation , a typical day might include the following:
This job might be for you if:
- Designing automation solutions for customers
- Working alongside Project Managers, Technical Leads, and Engineers from other focus areas
- Extensive networking and programming
- Commissioning projects in the field
- You have extensive experience with logic engines, configuring networks, and SEL products
- You have experience working with communication protocols such as IEC-61850, DNP, and Modbus
- You understand and have experience with SCADA
- You have 10+ years of power systems automation experience
- You are willing to travel 25%-30%
We run SEL like our moms would want us to and part of that is taking care of our employees.
Location Pullman, WA
- We're 100% employee owned. We recruit employee owners at SEL, not just employees.
- Onsite gym with classes and wellbeing programs.
- Onsite medical clinic
- Tuition Assistance program
- 95% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage.
- Awarded by Fortune Magazine as one of the 100 best companies to work for,100 best workplaces for millennials, 20 best workplaces for baby boomers, and 15 best workplaces for manufacturing and production.
- SEL's corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
This is your chance to build your career with a global leader and innovator in the power protection industry. Join Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, a company of innovators, inventors & problem solvers to continue building the most innovate and safety-critical products so that future generations have the means to pursue an increasingly higher quality of life. Apply today! Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe, reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL's core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company, and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work, state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and inventors in the industry.
We strive to exceed customer expectations in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives, operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career, your search ends here!