Signature Health Inc. is a non-profit healthcare agency whose mission is to put good health within reach of all of our community members through comprehensive mental health, medical, and support services essential for optimizing the well-being of mind and body. Serving patients in Lake, Ashtabula and Cuyahoga counties, we are committed to increasing access to a continuum of care while integrating behavioral and physical health well-being. If you are passionate about making a difference then we want to talk to you. We offer employees a dynamic, collaborative work environment along with a comprehensive range of benefit selections to support your total wellness, including several 100% employer paid benefits.
All employees of Signature Health are required to comply with the Signature Health Annual Influenza Vaccination Policy. This policy requires employees to obtain an annual flu vaccination. A medical and/or religious exemption may be submitted for review by the Signature Health Review Committee. Exemption requests are not guaranteed to be approved.
*** This position will provide services at the Ashtabula, Painesville and Willoughby locations. ***
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reporting to the Manager, Ryan White Program, the Medical Case Manager will provide a range of client-centered services that link clients with health care, psychosocial and other services. You will coordinate and follow-up on medical treatments ensuring timely and coordinated access to medically appropriate levels of health and support services. The Medical Case Manager ensures continuity of care through ongoing assessment of the client's and client's key family members' needs and personal support systems.
HOW YOU'LL SUCCEED
- Actively fulfill Medical Case Manager needs by working at various Signature Health locations as scheduled by your Supervisor.
- Provide an initial assessment of client service needs.
- Develop a comprehensive, individualized care plan and coordinate services required to implement the plan.
- Continuously monitor client progress to assess the efficacy of their treatment plan and conduct periodic re-evaluation and adaptation of the plan at least every six (6) months, as necessary.
- Provide a range of client-centered services that link clients with health care, psychosocial and other services, including benefits/entitlement counseling and referral activities, assisting the client to access other public and private programs for which the client may be eligible (.g., Medicaid, Medicare Part D, State Pharmacy Assistance Programs, and other State or local health care and supportive services).
- Provide ongoing assessment of the client's key family members' needs and personal support systems.
- Facilitate treatment adherence counseling to ensure readiness for, and adherence to, complex HIV/AIDS treatments.
- Maintain client charts that include the required elements for compliance with contractual and Ryan White Program requirements, including required case management activities, services, and activities, the type of contact, and the duration and frequency of the encounter.
- Client-specific advocacy and/or review of utilization of services
- Maintain clear communication with referents or designated liaison persons.
- Monitor and enforce client's rights and confidentiality, and ensure high ethical standards.
- Conduct and participate in all Quality Improvement and Utilization Review activities.
- Personally maintain a high standard of professional and ethical standards.
- Comply with all agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain all aspects of HIPAA, promoting patient confidentiality and right to privacy.
- May be required to perform telehealth services as determined by Signature Health.
- Adherence and completion of compliance training provided by Signature Health.
- Responsible for and completes all productivity/documentation requirements.
- Participate in all assigned staff meetings and staff development programs.
- Demonstrate appropriate attendance and punctuality in adherence with Signature Health policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Valid unencumbered LSW or LISW License in the state of Ohio required.
- Formalized training as well as practical experience in medical case management required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Valid unencumbered Ohio driver's license and proof of driver's insurance required.
- Models and possesses core and specialty competencies and skills working with the HIV/AIDs client population.
- Experience collaborating with other team members to optimize outcomes clients.
- Familiarity of state and federal healthcare regulations.
- Awareness of community and state support resources for population served.
- Planning and Organizing
- Valuing Diversity
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office/clinical work environment.
- While hours of operation are generally standard, flexibility to work evenings and extended hours may be required.
- Requires periods of sitting, standing, telephone, and computer work.
- Hearing: adequate to hear clients or patients in person, over the telephone or through telehealth technology.
- Speaking: adequate to speak to clients or patients in person, over the telephone or through telehealth technology.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
- Physical effort required: occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 15 pounds, unassisted.
- Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens while performing job duties.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular workday.
- Sufficient dexterity to operate a PC and other office equipment.
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Internal Job Code: 3200
- Revenue Status: Revenue Generating
- Last Revision Date: 12/04/2020
This Success Profile is not an exhaustive list of all functions or requirements that you may be required to perform; you may be required to perform other job-related assignments as requested by your supervisor or the company. You must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily; however, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable you to perform the essential functions of this job, absent undue hardship. Signature Health may revise this Success Profile at any time, with or without advanced notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)