Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is seeking an innovative and solution focused professional to join our team as a Manufacturing Engineer and provide technical support to internal customers in production. If you are interested in utilizing your education and experience to drive improvements and optimize the production of intelligent electronic devices, then this position is for you! Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide technical leadership to product operations; assist supervisors with new techniques, procedures, processes and problem solving. Own the manufacturing engineering support for defined product lines.
2. Drive product/project decisions between R&D and manufacturing.
3. Develop, maintain, follow, and improve manufacturing engineering area processes. Create specifications for software tools.
4. Drive proto/pilot builds through manufacturing. Analyze results and provide reports to production and R&D.
5. Provide business system, process flow, and design for manufacturability input to R&D during new product development.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications
B.S. in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
2 years experience in electronic manufacturing processes.
Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills.
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
Background check results satisfactory to SEL.
Negative drug test result(s).Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge/experience in surface mount technology design guidelines.
Knowledge/experience in sheet metal fabrication.
Knowledge/experience in any of the following: manufacturing tooling design, material flow modeling, process design, cabling, and reliability. Location Information Lewiston, ID
- This position is located at SEL's state of the art manufacturing facility in Lewiston, ID where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities. An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world. Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicat e future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe, reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL's core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company, and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work, state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and inventors in the industry.
We strive to exceed customer expectations in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives, operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career, your search ends here!