Signature Health Inc. is a non-profit healthcare agency whose mission is to put good health within reach of all of our community members through comprehensive mental health, medical, and support services essential for optimizing the well-being of mind and body. Serving patients in Lake, Ashtabula and Cuyahoga counties, we are committed to increasing access to a continuum of care while integrating behavioral and physical health well-being. If you are passionate about making a difference then we want to talk to you. We offer employees a dynamic, collaborative work environment along with a comprehensive range of benefit selections to support your total wellness, including several 100% employer paid benefits.
All employees of Signature Health are required to comply with the Signature Health Annual Influenza Vaccination Policy. This policy requires employees to obtain an annual flu vaccination. A medical and/or religious exemption may be submitted for review by the Signature Health Review Committee. Exemption requests are not guaranteed to be approved.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reporting to the Supervisor, Psychiatry Nursing and the Director, Psychiatry Services, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Psychiatry will be instrumental in providing exceptional nursing support to clients. This role will directly consult with other providers ensuring the most appropriate plan of care while keeping clients educated. You will be a model for excellent patient care ensuring patients and their families are comfortable when receiving behavioral health treatment.
HOW YOU'LL SUCCEED ____________________________________________________________________
- Consult and collaborate with staff and providers to correctly execute appropriate plan of care.
- Responsible for intake of all patient appointments to include: vital signs, interviewing patient to determine health history for documentation, preparation of patient for examination and/or procedures, and updating medication profiles.
- Responsible for reviewing no show charts and determine appropriate follow up.
- Respond to patient telephone messages and documents outcome in patient's record.
- Respond to requests for prescription and informs prescriber of the request.
- Administer medications safely, including injections.
- Arrange and diligently follow procedures for specimen collection, reviewing labs/test results, and contacting providers when applicable.
- Complete appropriate prior authorizations and patient assistance forms.
- Review patient medications, updates medication list, and adds prescription information to the medication list.
- Complete appropriate documentation in the medical record and complies with state, federal, and departmental policies when sharing/documenting patient care data.
- Coordinate excellent patient care with staff of outside healthcare facilities or emergency rooms when necessary.
- Exhibit a non-judgmental, empathetic and a fully supportive approach when communicating with patients, families, and staff.
- Ensure quality of care by implementing nursing philosophies and standards of care; enforcing adherence to state board of nursing requirements and to other governing company regulations.
- Ensure sensitivity to cultural diversity and maintains age-related competence for the population serviced.
- Maintain your individual clinical and professional knowledge and skill through formal and informal educational experiences.
- Maintain professional licensure and requirements as designated by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Participate in quality assurance and utilization review activities.
- Participate in all assigned staff meetings and staff development programs.
- Maintain clear communication with co-workers, referents or designated liaison person.
- Comply with all agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain all aspects of HIPAA, promoting patient confidentiality and right to privacy.
- May be required to perform telehealth services as determined by Signature Health.
- Adherence and completion of compliance training provided by Signature Health.
- Responsible for and completes all productivity/documentation requirements.
- Participate in all assigned staff meetings and staff development programs.
- Demonstrate appropriate attendance and punctuality in adherence with Signature Health policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE ______________________________________________________________
- Completion of an approved program in practical nursing required.
- Valid unencumbered LPN License in the state of Ohio required.
- 3+ years of recent LPN experience with high degree of clinical expertise required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Working knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with technology and electronic medical records.
- Monitoring Information
- Planning and Organizing
- Service Excellence
WORKING CONDITIONS ___________________________________________________________________
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office/clinical work environment.
- While hours of operation are generally standard, flexibility to work evenings and extended hours may be required.
- Requires periods of sitting, standing, telephone, and computer work.
- Hearing: adequate to hear clients or patients in person, over the telephone or through telehealth technology.
- Speaking: adequate to speak to clients or patients in person, over the telephone or through telehealth technology.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
- Physical effort required: occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 15 pounds, unassisted.
- Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens while performing job duties.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular workday.
- Sufficient dexterity to operate a PC and other office equipment.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ______________________________________________________________
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Internal Job Code: 4243
- Revenue Status: Revenue Generating
- Last Revision Date: 11/09/2020
This Success Profile is not an exhaustive list of all functions or requirements that you may be required to perform; you may be required to perform other job-related assignments as requested by your supervisor or the company. You must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily; however, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable you to perform the essential functions of this job, absent undue hardship. Signature Health may revise this Success Profile at any time, with or without advanced notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)