Licensed Practical NurseJob Location
Knoxville - Knoxville, TNPosition Type
Full Time GENERAL FUNCTION:
Participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for the individual. Cooperates with the members of the nursing and medical staffs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities assistance with performing the essential functions of this position.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully interact and care for individuals with developmental disabilities and/or intellectual disability and assist in relevant health teaching for patient and family.
- Shares responsibility for the planning, implementation and evaluation of health needs.
- Participates in medication distribution/MARs
- Participates in team conferences, sharing knowledge, information and ideas among team members. Ex. COS, ISPs, PCSP, etc.
- Administers and records medications in accordance with the policy regarding administration of medications by a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Performs more complex nursing activities as competence increases.
- Participates in emergency care. Must be CPR certified at all times.
- Communicates frequently with the RN regarding patients physical and mental conditions.
- Records information concisely, accurately, and completely.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate channels of communication.
- Schedules and tracks all medical and therapy appointments, to include follow-up via persons served electronic records. Assist with maintaining medical and therapy grids and Support Solutions follow-up, as required.
- Ensures persons served and team members are informed of all appointments for the person served. All appointments and follow-up should be noted and maintained within the persons served electronic record or via hard copy when necessary.
- Receives all consultation forms and uploads and saves to Therap.
- Ensures psychotropic medications have consent and are approved through Support Solutions IMC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits behaviors and best practices that are consistent with the vision and values of SS.
- Practices safe work habits to eliminate and control potential safety and health hazards and to maintain a safe work environment. Attends all safety training as scheduled.
- Work as part of the team to ensure that SS Quality Management principles (Plan, Measure, Assess. Improve) are practiced and achieved.
- Operates SS and personal transportation in a safe and healthy manner.
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned by designated and/or authorized staff.
This job description does not list all the duties of your job. You may be asked by Senior Leadership or designated and/or authorized staff to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in the job description. SS reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or SS may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Current Tennessee Nursing license, education transcript and proof of degree/diploma and two years of LPN work experience. Preference shall be given to employee with one year of clinical practice experience in the field of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities but shall not limit SS from selecting an employee with demonstrated experience in a non-mental health environment. Must meet state and local requirements regarding criminal background check, sexual offender check, abuse registry, drug screening and felony offender listing. Must meet all training requirements and keep training current. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills, able to complete heavy workloads within established time frames, and perform with frequent interruptions and/or distractions
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others, ability to interact appropriately with others in various contexts and purposes
- Must be able to practice confidentiality in all matters pertaining to clients and employees
- Has effective time management in the office and in the field and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Can perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another, in a job that may require significant differences in technology, techniques, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
- A working knowledge of community resources
- Keeps a professional appearance
- Able to follow instructions and work independently
- Have a thorough knowledge of computer software programs needed to complete job tasks
- Have a general knowledge of office machines. (Fax, Printers, Copiers, etc.)
- Understands protocol when working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Possess a high degree of leadership and a lead by example mindset, make appropriate job decisions following standard office policies and procedures, recognize an emergency situation and take appropriate action, think through the consequences of a decision prior to making it.
Employee must also provide any medical records required to comply with regulations in force through any governing entity related to business operations and to meet policy and procedure requirements of Support Solutions, such as TB Skin tests, HEP B vaccinations, Flu vaccinations, etc. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is full time and may require additional hours over 40 per week. She/he is expected to be available outside of normal office hours for necessary and urgent company matters. Body Positioning:
The employee is regularly required to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time. She/he may also be required to sit for short or long periods of time while completing other duties and responsibilities. There is also a requirement to be able to occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch and to reach with the hands and arms. She/he must be able to drive/travel for short periods of time to attend meetings, trainings, or perform site visits or for longer trips that will require overnight stays to attend meetings and training workshops. Body Movements:
The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of his/her hands, feet, and limbs to perform CPR compressions, abdominal thrusts, or CPI techniques if needed and to handle computers and other office equipment. The ability to bend the body, to reach for objects, and to crouch when needed are also required. Body Senses:
The employee must have command of all five senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision, and depth perception. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from reading dossiers and operating office equipment. There is also a requirement to talk and listen for prolonged periods both on the telephone and face to face. Strength:
The employee must have the ability to perform heavy lifting over 50 lbs. to assist total care supported individuals with transferring from or to wheelchair, turning/repositioning a total care person in bed, etc. LICENSES/CERTIFICATES:
- Valid Tennessee LPN license
- Valid CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Driver License
- Valid automobile insurance if using personal auto; otherwise company furnishes insurance for corporate vehicles