You may not know Conn's HomePlus, but you should.
We recently posted our 3 strongest quarters in our 130+ year history and with our new CEO, Chandra Holt, we have big plans for growth. We are a specialty retailer of home goods, including furniture, appliances and consumer electronics, with a mission to elevate home life to home love . With more than 150 stores across 15 states and online at , our over 4,500 employees strive to help all customers create a home they love through access to high-quality products, next-day delivery and personalized financing. Overview:
The Lead Engineer, eCommerce - UI will be accountable for a team's software development process and for leading the development of UI components and integrating them with BigCommerce Stencil UI. This role will need to interact with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, QA, IT, Site Operations, UX, Creative, and retail teams to ensure to develop features as per business requirements. This role requires Figma, Zasper prototype and convert to HTML to integrate with Frontend and experience on eCommerce websites and 3rd party integrations Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Lead Engineer, eCommerce - UI's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the team software development process: direct and motivate the development team; coordinate technical implementation efforts, ensuring that this fits with strategy, agreed specifications and guiding principles. Identify and escalate any skills gaps as necessary.
- Manage team members performance and development, conducting 1-to-1 coaching and career conversations and performance reviews.
- Work closely with Product team, business analysts and end users to define technical stories for eCommerce
- Perform technical and design reviews with other team members to ensure quality
- Ensure design patterns are documented and enforced within the team
- Create UI component, Pages, Widgets as per Figma prototype
- Integrate Java Springboot REST API, Third-party services, Payment methods with frontend Components
- Create responsive web components using Stencil, HandleBarJS, LESS frameworks
- Integrate custom Payment method with customized checkout by considering PCI and Security compliance standards
- Review code and create a build using Stencil CLI, Terraform scripts
- Maintain and develop UI by following web coding standards, security and compliance standards
- Create test cases using Selenium / Test Complete frameworks
- Follow CI/CD deployment process, BitBucket code review process
- Review requirement, participate in technical analysis and provide best feasible solutions
- Have 10+ years of Software engineering experience
- Full life cycle development experience in bringing up an ecommerce site from scratch.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale ecommerce web application development.
- Strong expertise in UI architecture, client-side performance & instrumentation considerations, cross-browser compatibility, and security issues.
- Good understanding of eCommerce solutions including package software / SaaS Platforms like BigCommerce, Magento.
- Demonstrated strong design and UX sensibilities and being able to create Pixel Perfect UIs.
- Experience with UI design systems
- Experience in effectively advising senior stakeholders on the technical scope and feasibility of complex product requirements.
- Experience in automated testing, including unit and functional testing.
- Understanding of the Agile process and continuous integration.
- Extensive experience with REST APIs and SDKs integration.
Working knowledge on tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira and Visual Studio IDE
Conn's HomePlus is an equal opportunity employer.