Novant Health is seeking an Intern to provide support through an educational experience to the administrative team via projects, active participation in meetings, and management of rotation assignments, under the direction of the preceptor within a one-year period, the length of the fellowship. Participates in rotations to gain exposure to different functions within the hospital. Coordinates the Presbyterian Hospital Medical Explorers Program. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.Qualifications
- Essential Functions may include:
- Gains knowledge of workflows, application product function, design and build.
- Gains knowledge of DPS processes to include but not limited to analysis and design.
- Completes responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to take simple assignments and successfully complete in a timely fashion.
- Works as a change advocate for the organization, showing flexibility as priorities change.
- Keeps the patient and community at the center of focus for all tasks.
- May assist in preparing information and research materials; create and maintain PowerPoint presentations.
- May take notes and memos during meetings; type documents, drafts, and reports; sort and manage files.
- Intern Requirements and Qualifications
- You must be currently be in pursuit of a High school degree or higher (or equivalent); you may also be enrolled in an accredited university/college undergraduate or graduate program.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of ""First Do No Harm"".
Welcome to Novant Health
We are an integrated system of physician practices, hospitals, outpatient centers, and more - each element committed to delivering a remarkable healthcare experience for you and your family. With world-class technology, personal connections, and care that's easier to access and understand, Novant Health is with you every step of the way on your journey to health and wellness.
Remarkable care - We are welcoming a new era in healthcare where achieving good health is just the beginning. We believe in caring for the whole person by getting to know you, having conversations and making connections with our patients. Combining the talent and expertise of our people, the breadth of capabilities across our system, and a commitment to helping you get better and stay healthy is how we are making healthcare remarkable. You can read about some of our remarkable moments here.
Ease and convenience - Novant Health is there when and where you need us. We are working to make healthcare easy to access, easy to schedule and easy to understand. We are bringing the ease and convenience that you enjoy in other aspects of your lives to the healthcare experience because we believe that healthcare doesn't have to be confusing, difficult or disconnected. Start taking control of your health by visiting MyChart.
Community wellness - Our promise is to deliver remarkable healthcare. Part of that promi