Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) Government Services department seeks a talented individual for a Hardware Engineer position. This position involves electronic hardware d esign, development, and research in support of government contracts. As a Hardware Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design analog and digital circuits, communication systems, circuit boards, and power system sensors. An average day may include circuit design and simulation, bench testing, prototype evaluation, FW/SW integration, and manufacturing support. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analyzes, designs, and develops conventional analog and digital circuits. Conducts moderate to complex design reviews to demonstrate product and circuit robustness.
2. Develops hardware specifications and prepares system level specifications.
3. Writes and analyzes test plans, executes tests and evaluates test results for use at peer design reviews and project notebooks.
4. Prepares and maintains product documentation, including data sheets, instruction manuals, project notebooks, design and test documentation.
5. Provides and maintains accurate project plans. Manages and/or leads hardware projects of moderate complexity. Coordinates engineering activities with purchasing and manufacturing.
6. Mentors and directs the efforts of associate engineers and technicians.
7. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typically 2+ years of combined experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
-- Analog circuit design
-- Digital design with microprocessors
-- Power supply design
-- Digital design with emphasis on Programmable Logic including:
-- Xilinx/Altera/Micro Semi Tools
-- Simulation, Timing, Analysis, and Synthesis
Working knowledge of project management processes and procedures
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s) Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge of one or more of the following:
-- Industrial controls
-- 3-phase and electric power systems
-- Electric utility telecommunications
Leadership experience or training Physical Requirements
None Location Information Pullman, WA
- SEL's corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities. An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world. Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe, reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL's core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company, and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work, state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and inventors in the industry.
We strive to exceed customer expectations in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives, operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career, your search ends here!