You may not know Conn's HomePlus, but you should.
We recently posted our 3 strongest quarters in our 130+ year history and with our new CEO, Chandra Holt, we have big plans for growth. We are a specialty retailer of home goods, including furniture, appliances and consumer electronics, with a mission to elevate home life to home love . With more than 150 stores across 15 states and online at , our over 4,500 employees strive to help all customers create a home they love through access to high-quality products, next-day delivery and personalized financing. Overview:
The Manager, eCommerce Delivery will be responsible for the sprint delivery of product management backlog in coordinating with the Product Management team. This role will need to interact with IT, Site Operations, UX, Creative, supply chain and retail teams to ensure all deliveries for eCommerce teams happen on time, in scope, and without impacting site performance. This role requires progressive experience in eCommerce/Retail and is responsible for facilitating the end-to-end delivery of prioritized eCommerce projects by partnering with cross functional teams and vendors. This is a hybrid role between a delivery manager and Technical Lead, so, rolling up one's sleeves and jumping into the code is very important. Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Manager, eCommerce Delivery's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing, mentoring, and developing a team of developers under him/her.
- Owns execution of the delivery of solution objective i.e., the timeline and the deliverable(s), in an agile fashion. Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects.
- Translate functional requirements from business users into sound technical designs that meet business objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise for use of the Magento platform.
- Working with the infrastructure team, recommend architecture changes to improve performance and availability.
- Work horizontally across all teams to align broader technology decisions with the effective delivery of quality. Ensure work delivered by the team is of high quality, scalability, and security.
- Communicate to leadership/stakeholders any upcoming resource issues as they become visible, facilitate resolving any ambiguity in timing, coordination between various eCommerce teams. Establish regular checkpoints for these communications, as well as being responsive to urgent requests that have resource and delivery implications.
- Facilitate technical problem resolution for issues within the team's scope of responsibility; ensure the proper team members are engaged and collaborate with other Team Leads and related subject matter experts.
- Confirm that all technical aspects of the solution are properly documented and transitioned to support teams.
- Work with product managers in gathering and documenting, grooming sessions, delivering requirements and communicate the same with development team.
- Ensure actions and key deliverables are met and are kept within the defined scope.
- Ensure operational readiness testing and design for operations efforts to ensure smooth transition post deployment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other closely related discipline combined with at 8+ years' experience leading professional services delivery, product development or technical project delivery.
- Minimum 5+ years eCommerce/Retail IT experience
- 3+ years working in an Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience working in a Retail organization supporting Omni-Channel initiatives such as eCommerce, Web and Mobile applications.
- Experience in the negotiation of changes to commitments/requirements with multiple levels within the organization.
- Experience with Magento or Big Commerce is a plus
Conn's HomePlus is an equal opportunity employer.