Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative, and detail-oriented individual for our Engineering Intern position in Vacaville, CA. If you are an enthusiastic team player who wishes to immediately apply your academic knowledge in assisting our engineers and are currently attending college or university near Plymouth, MI we invite you to apply now! Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide technical support to SEL staff & customers.
2. Develop and maintain knowledge in SEL processes and technologies.
3. Perform testing on new and existing technology.
4. Document and communicate test results.
5. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
6. Understand. Create. Simplify.
7. Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications
Current student with two to three years undergraduate studies in electrical engineering
Ability to work part time during the school year and full time during the summer.
Experience in programming and script files
Practical knowledge of 3-phase power systems
Working knowledge of emulators and logic analyzers
Ability to use MS Windows and serial port terminal emulation software
Practical knowledge of SEL protective relays & automation controllers
Ability to use Microsoft Visio
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s) Preferred Qualifications
None Physical Requirements
None Location Information Vacaville, CA
- This position is located in Vacaville, CA where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Positioned between Sacramento and Napa Valley, the city's close proximity will allow you to enjoy great shopping, dining, and entertainment. In Vacaville, enjoy easy access to outdoor recreation, and wide open spaces. Vacaville has it all, making it the perfect place to live and work. An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world. Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe, reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL's core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company, and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work, state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and inventors in the industry.
We strive to exceed customer expectations in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives, operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career, your search ends here!