If you are looking to work alongside technical experts in the power industry, use your expert knowledge and experience, enjoy traveling, then this position is for you! SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (SEL-ES) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Project Engineer - Project Manager position in our St. Louis Branch. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Possesses, understands and applies knowledge and experience in the full life-cycle project management of multiple large multi-discipline projects from proposal conception to commissioning and close-out.
2. Effectively track and stabilize projects, implement solutions for obstacles and anticipate customer needs related SEL products in order to complete complex assignments.
3. Lead in training and assisting customers with the creation, design configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
4. Lead in assigning, completing and implementing work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
5. Lead others to create and finalize customer approved functional design specifications for projects.
6. Assist in the identification, preparation and presentation of successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
7. Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
8. Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary. Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications
- B.S. In Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 6+ years of project management experience related to electric power systems, industry practices, and philosophies
- Willing to travel regionally a maximum of 25%.
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
An Award Winning Company
- 4+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, power system protection and control, integration, and/or automation and communications applications.
- Professional Engineer License or equivalent certification
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Working knowledge MS Project or other project management tracking software
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world. Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe, reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL's core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company, and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work, state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and inventors in the industry.
We strive to exceed customer expectations in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives, operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career, your search ends here!