Neurosciences Director of Quality/Education for System Service Line Req #: Category:
Professional / Management Status:
RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services Location:
Neurosurgical Services, 95 Old Short Hills Road, West Orange, NJ 07052About RWJBH/Rutgers:
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization. RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey s largest private employer with more than 33,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns and routinely captures national awards for outstanding quality and safety.Job Summary
The Director of Quality and External Education is responsible for the integration, operations, quality, education, and strategic development and growth of the Neuroscience service line. Reporting to Senior Vice President of Cardiac and Neurological Services, RWJBarnabas Health and Senior Vice President of Neurosurgery/Department Chair of Neurosurgery for Rutgers, this role will oversee the evaluation, planning, and implementation of all education, both clinical and academic, systems of care integration and programmatic initiatives contributing to the strategic growth of RWJBarnabas Health s Neuroscience Service Line.Key Responsibilities
For RWJBH, this leader will oversee the strategic planning process at the system and entity levels, ensuring that the plans create focus and are supported by the leadership team:
- Designs and implements effective Disease Specific Program's and Service Line process improvement strategies within the System.
- Develop and facilitate Stroke Systems of Care processes that foster internal referral patterns and extend the System's reach and the capabilities of the neurosciences as a whole.
- Ensures service line and program policies and procedures are in compliance with all applicable regulations and standards (including Department of Public Health, Joint Commission, CMS, HIPAA).
- Ensure Strong physician partnerships and collaborative planning to optimize existing services, implement/expand new programs and elevate/improve quality outcomes.
- Develop goals and action plans to achieve positive results in alignment with the Health Systems, and individual organizations, goals and advancement of the service line.
- Maintain and improve quality data systems and procedures for accurately collecting and organizing data for program reporting and management decision-making
- Oversee and monitor the development and implementation of a quality dashboard to identify and address any potential gaps in care
- Ensure planning for and participates in community outreach activities, events, symposiums to promote service and program growth, create/foster relationships, provide education and manage relationships.
- Work collaboratively with managers and providers to enhance patient experience and safety while reducing unintended adverse patient outcomes
- Build and manage systems and train staff to ensure collaborative QA program and M&M review for the confidentiality of patient/client records including strict compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Regularly hold system wide quality meetings and collaboratives across all areas of Neurosciences
- Prepares and implements, with input from physician partners and health system leadership, goals for clinical and service quality, customer satisfaction, physician alignment, and operational results, to support the strategic, quality and operating targets of the service line and system.
- Develop Continuing Medical Education programs for the Neuroscience Service Line by working collaboratively with our physician partners to enhance the reputation and knowledge of the programs while promoting evidenced based best practice within the Neurosciences and elevating care for our patients.
- Interprets, shares and applies knowledge of significant trends, including market share, service line developments, regulatory changes, consumer demographics, and local & national market activities. Must be able to proactively decipher these trends, determine potential impact, and work with regional leadership to inform strategic planning and business development opportunities, especially surrounding stroke systems of care.
- Assists in developing and integrating new business lines and partnerships as well as evaluating the performance of existing programs and services at their current location and project demand for hospital and ambulatory services to include in broader planning initiatives
- Coordinates system wide, the strategy and planning for the neuroscience related service, consistency of standards and developing integrated clinical protocols and educational programs for the system.
- Prepares and implements, with input from physician partners and health system leadership, the strategic plans for the Neuroscience Service Line to include goals for clinical and service quality, customer satisfaction, physician alignment, and operational results, to support the strategic, quality and operating targets of the service line and system.
- Strengthen relationships with referring and Service Line physicians across the System to support a network of coordinated patient care and resolve operational issues that negatively impact care.
- Directs planning activities to ensure strategies, structures, and operational models will support the mission and vision of RWJBarnabas Health
- Capitalizes on the Systems opportunities to further expand capabilities in the neuroscience specialties, improve the overall quality of neuroscience care and improve the overall coordination of neuroscience specialties.
- Monitors technology evolution related to Telemedicine initiatives and develops implements and maintains, plans for technology acquisition and implementation to integrate and standardize clinical care and quality across the system with in the neurosciences.
Specific Areas of Focus
- Minimum formal education of Master degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years or more as a Hospital and or Academic Medical Center Executive.
- Preferred candidates will have experience in successfully developing and leading a system-wide service line for a medium to large health system and/or medium to large Academic Medical Centers.
- Experience in working within a Medical School departmental structure.
- Proven success and deep experience in developing and executing specific, measurable business plans that have clear financial accountability and obtaining successful, effective results and leading teams to plan and execute specific business development activities across a targeted geography
- Candidates with a Nursing/Stroke Coordinator background preferred.
- Disease Specific Certification (i.e Stroke Systems of Care)
- Continuing Medical Education
- Outreach and Marketing
- Performance Improvement and Quality Assurance (i.e Mortality, LOS and Readmission)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Additional Information:
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How do you build a healthier New Jersey? Every day at RWJBarnabas Health, extraordinary people like you come together to shape the answer. In our newly-integrated network of busy urban medical centers, acclaimed teaching and research facilities, and state-of-the-art community hospitals, we're delivering world-class care to more than 5 million people across the Garden State - and redefining the career expectations of every member of our team.
We're proud to be one of New Jersey's premier employers, with a strong financial foundation and an outstanding national reputation for excellence in health care. At the same time, we feel like an extended family: A dynamic collection of diverse and passionate individuals with unique skills, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a shared belief that we're better together.
..... click apply for full job details