Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Thorntons LLC is a fast-paced and growing company based in Louisville, Kentucky. We are looking to add talented, authentic, and forward-thinking professionals to our team. Our office is dog-friendly, follows a casual dress code and has a campus feel with an onsite café, walking trails and a fitness center.
The Design Project Manager is responsible for the development, formatting, communication, coordination, and maintenance of all Construction project architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical plans.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with department team members, miscellaneous disciplines, consultants, and general contractors in the development, technical design, and analysis of project drawings for construction projects ranging from large travel centers to minor remodels.
- Supervises and administers the services of outside design professionals, including architects, engineers, manufacturers, and other consultants in the development of constructions plans and specifications, ensuring that that project documents are compatible, accurate, and comply with approved design standards, codes, and cost strategies.
- Contributes in reviews of property plat and topographical survey information, design information, construction documents, and shop drawings. Recommends appropriate changes to accommodate equipment and facility strategies as well as compliance with local, state, and federal codes.
- Collaborates with department team members and resources to provide cost analyses of construction designs, concept plans, and material specifications. Provides value engineering and recommendations, records and tracks applied value analysis.
- Contributor to Design Committee agendas, and participates in executive review and approval processes for prototype changes.
- Design department liaison with field Construction Manager and contractors to resolve architectural and interior design project issues and concerns for construction projects, interior design and graphic design assignments. Reviews design submittals from outside consultants; responds to outside consultant questions regarding standards of quality and adherence to aesthetic and signage criteria.
- Coordinates with Material Assets Department to ensure that all owner-supplied and vendor-supplied equipment is accurately identified and quantified.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) Training Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Retail/C-Store equipment or operations
- Institutional design practice
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams
- Highly organized in both time management and electronic file management
- Proficient computer skills - Microsoft Office, CAD, Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team and individually with minimal supervision
- Attention to details in routine and special projects
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Working knowledge of Auto-CAD/Revit (preferred)
- Full understanding of construction contract documents and AIA contract formats
- Practical knowledge of business workflow and priorities
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Some travel required
- Maintain 45-50 hour work week
- Minimal after-hours contact needed
- Other duties as assigned